Ok, I know karma is crazy and powerful, but I could never have known on Friday morning that I would be seeing this by the end of the day:
How can you not LOVE this song? "Take it on the run, baby...if that's the way you want it, baby..."
I posted my last blog entry over my lunch hour Friday in an effort to throw some good energy into the wind and lighten the mood a bit. I was feeling better after that post, but upon my return to the office, I have to share what happened:
1. I got an awesome parking spot.
2. I walked in my office and immediately one of my co-workers stopped by with the cutest darn outfit for Ben as a belated baby gift.
3. Another one of my co-workers came by and gave me an ice cream sandwich.
4. My friend Amber called with a free extra ticket to that night’s Styx/REO Speedwagon concert (10th row!).
5. I miraculously found a babysitter, allowing me to attend the concert.
I certainly didn’t expect the universe to drop all this abundance on my plate, but if I ever once doubted the power of a positive attitude, I just got a big kick-in-the-pants reminder to look on the bright side of things. And yes, I do believe the post and your comments helped bring this all about and I thank all of you for helping with this! You're great! And the concert rocked! And Amber caught the drumstick from the Styx drummer! Yesss!
So the gift card. Went to random.org and the random number it gave me was (drumroll please, with that awesome Styx drumstick)...three! So happy day, JJandEJ, I'll be sending you $10 for whatever pleases your blessed little heart at Target! But I love y'all so much, I'm sending the rest of you $5 gift cards. Yay!
Ok, enough exclamation points for one day. Back to our usual food-loving programming tomorrow...